We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hey there Isaac...

Well it's officially Florida living I guess.. Today we are being evacuated from the Florida Keys. Tomorrow into Monday this nasty little storm is going to cruise it's way up the keys bringing some flash flooding, gale force winds, and some serious thunderstorms, not to mention the possible tornado or two, OH MY! I guess it's all part of southern living, but you'd think that these people would be used to it by now. I was in the grocery store yesterday and people are panicking already?? We haven't even had a thunderstorm yet.. You have time people. I mean it's not like I'm not preparing myself I have 5 cases of water but I'm not freaking out, I guess maybe it's because I haven't seen a thund-herr-hurricane since I've been here and maybe it'll be different when it's all said and done. Maybe I'm just being optimistically pessimistic about the size of this potential storm. Either way I think it's only fitting that I finish my initiation into South Florida living with a hurricane in the same week I landed my first bonefish on the fly. If only everyone could be as lucky as me. Who knows what's going to happen let's at least hope for the best. But, if you don't hear from me for a few days it's probably because this asshole Isaac knocked out our power. 


No comments:

Post a Comment