We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Huge Spruce Creek Brown Trout!


My older brother Brett shows us that fly fishing is in the genetics. Here he is with a gigantic 27" brown trout caught on Spruce Creek this past week. He caught this slab on a green weenie of all flies. The Hoover - Michelotti hook-up at it's finest (The Hoover family has a patent pending on the green weenie trying to legally change the name to the Hoover weenie.) Brett taught me much of what I now know about fly fishing, when I was first starting out, now I teach him a thing or two every time we fish. All kidding aside this fish is an absolute monster. I appreciate you sharing it with us, I do definitely miss trout fishing. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks anonymous! I'll make sure Brett knows you think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the open or pay section?

    www.troutyeah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To my knowledge it was in the open section. I didn't ask though.. Maybe he will let us know what section he caught it in! If he does I'll let everyone know.

      Delete
  3. According to Brett he caught this fish in the lower section of the Harvey Projects. So indeed it was pulled out of the open section. A nice fish for public waters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. spectacular. Thanks, nice fish!

    ReplyDelete