We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Spring Creek Update (08/02/2012)

Spring Creek has been fishing pretty well during the early morning hours. I've only been fishing when the water temperatures are below 64 - 66 degrees Fahrenheit. From the reading that I've done, the trout will begin to lose weight when the temperatures reach 70 degrees. Even when the water is between 64 - 66 degrees, I release a fish as quickly as possible and do not spend a lot of time documenting the trout.

I've been using mostly inch worms, scuds and a variety of Czech and caddis nymphs. If I want to catch a fish on top I will fish an ant or some type of terrestrial pattern or a combination of any of those flies. Below are a few fish pictures that I've snapped quickly before releasing the fish as fast as possible to ensure a healthy return back to the water.

Also, I would like to give a special thanks to the guys from Nomad nets for sending us a pair of nets. My Nomad Hand Net has done an outstanding job netting a lot of fish while offering an extremely light weight, durable option to securing a fish. Oh and it floats! Check it out in some of the pictures below from the most recent trip to Spring Creek.  I had a great time on the water with Patrick Williams!

Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Decent size fish. Whats the biggest one you Caught?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biggest fish that day was somewhere around 16-inches. I had a huge brown swirl at a sculpin pattern I was fishing with the other day that would've flirted with 20-plus inches. Either way it was a great day on the stream during the "dog days" of the summer.

    Thanks for checking the blog out!

    ReplyDelete