We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Bald Eagle (09/16/2012)...Beautiful Day on the Stream

Sunday September 16th, 2012 marked a perfect day for fishing.  I had never fished the Bald Eagle, but after driving to a few sections of Spring Creek and seeing that it was extremely low with excessive vegetation, I dedicated the day to finding a new place that I've never fished.  I drove through Milesburg, and found a place off the beaten path that offered a series of deep runs and riffles that looked promising.  I still wasn't certain I was going to fish it, but after taking a stream temperature that recorded 58 degrees, I was on board.  

The entire afternoon was devoted to nymphing.  In all I caught a lot of fish and I thoroughly enjoyed the aggressive hits that I got due to the cooler stream temperatures.  The final fish of the day (pictured in the last three photos) hit so hard that I had to grip the handle tight because it almost took the rod out of my hands!

If you've never fished the Bald Eagle, I would give it a try.  I plan to explore this stream as frequently as possible over the next week or so to see if I can catch a few more beautiful brown trout like the ones pictured below.  

Enjoy!










4 comments:

  1. Great post man. The bald eagle is great. Nice last fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josh! I really enjoyed fishing the Bald Eagle!

      Delete
  2. nice fish...but you might just refer to this as a central PA stream in the future

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric there is plenty of river to fish, and it is not like nobody knows about the Bald Eagle. It is a public river that is stocked. I don't think you need to be worried about Kirk giving away any secret spots he won't even give me his "top secret Hoover green weenie" recipe. But of course we appreciate your concern.

    ReplyDelete