We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fly Spotlight

Hunting Season

This little fellow got its name from the bright orange color it has on the body of the hook. I came up with it one day while I was bored at work. I had the tying material in front of me and thought, it might be nice to throw a pattern I can see from a long way off in the water. Turns out baby tarpon want to eat the hell out of it.. So in my mind that's a win win. 

Also it looks like some of the crayfish patterns from back in PA so throw it on a smaller hook and I bet you can crush a couple of smallies on it as well! Good luck!

Recipe:
Hook: TMC 811S 1/0
Thread: Uni Orange 6/0
Body: Orange Estaz
Eyes: Plastic Bead Chain Medium
Tail: Tan Marabou, Orange Buck Tail, and Red Kystal Flash

It's simply, light, and it works. Next time you see it will be (ideally) be in a tarpons mouth! 





No comments:

Post a Comment