We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sulphur Emergers!

Tonight was action packed and turned out to be a stellar for insect activity.  Below are a sample of the 20+ fish that I caught on a variety of Sulphur patterns.  I started the night off with a Sulphur Emerger and then I went to an orange parachute, sparkle dun and finished the night with a yellow parachute.  One of the things that was extremely successful for me was once my dry fly became waterlogged I would cast it out and slightly twitch my rod back upstream to pull the fly back to the top of the surface.  This strategy will simulate an emerging insect and had multiple trout smack into one another trying to eat my fly.      


Each night that I spend on the stream I am seeing more and more Light Cahill.  The hatches remain three to four weeks ahead of schedule and I'm anxious to see how Spruce Creek and the Little Juniata fish this Sunday!

The rain forecasted for today does not look as serious as initially thought (shocking, I know) and Sunday has a high of 59 degrees.  Either way get out on the streams and have some fun!
Sulphur Emerger


Pretty sure that I caught this fish twice (Look at the 1st picture)!

Sparkle Dun

Parachute Sulphur

No comments:

Post a Comment