We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Exploration

The coolest part of the jobs in both Alaska and Chile was the exploration of it all. Everything can get boring if you do it over and over again. So I always encouraged my boss' to let me out to explore a new river or to hike into a mountain lake. Hell I knew if I got out in one of these new locations and I caught one fish the trip would be worth it. Sometimes we found pike lakes, sometimes we found nothing, and last year we found an awesome river full of Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden, and Brown Bears. The reason I bring all of this up is because I find myself exploring now. I am tired of fishing Spring Creek.. it's always the same and there are always too many people.  I am now in search of isolation while fishing, I don't want to be interrupted by some asshole plopping in the river and cutting me off. So for me Fishing Creek has been great. It's a long river and there are few people because most of the access points can only hold one or two vehicles. So each group of anglers gets basically a private section to themselves. Which is great. I find that I feel better after a day of fishing in seclusion, because when I get done fishing Spring Creek, even if the fishing was great, I feel on edge. It's especially terrible right now because the weather is great and all these jagaloons want to fish but all they know if Spring Creek is open all year... So April 14th or 15th or whatever opening day of fishing season better roll around soon so all these people can go limit out on stocked trout and stop over crowding Spring Creek!


The following pictures are of exploratory trips in Alaska and Chile. Enjoy. Fishing Creek pictures to come later this week. 










No comments:

Post a Comment