We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Canal Fishing!

A couple of cool things happened today. The first was that I was out of work at 2 pm. After that I went to check out some of the cool boats in the Ocean Reef marina. This boat pictured below is the Sweet Release captained by Chris White, and owned by Benson Ford. Benson Ford is one of the great grandchildren of Henry Ford (The inventor of the automobile). Chris is my boss' husband and ideally one day I will get to saddle up in that fully varnished fighting seat whilst battling a massive marlin or sailfish! Wishful thinking maybe but hey a guy can dream right? 



Once I left the docks I went and hit up the canals again and hammered a couple more peacock bass! They love the chartreuse and white color combo. The one below ate a clouser minnow in that color combination. I threw pink, and brown stuff at other peacocks I was seeing and nothing. Seems to me that chartreuse must be the ticket for them. But a wise man once said "if it ain't chartreuse it ain't no use." So I should have known. I'm currently attempting some merkin crabs, so should I hit the flats this weekend I'll have something different I can throw at a tailing fish should I find one!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are setttling in down there. I'm getting the "fishmobile" ready for a long summer run south see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea we are pretty close to being all settled down here. The place is looking great and I welcome that amazing vehicle of yours to make the journey! Kirk is coming down to visit for 10days in June.

    ReplyDelete