We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Monday, June 4, 2012

GoPro version 3.0 Spring Creek



A few days ago I took my GoPro camera for an adventure that turned out to be a fun day on the stream.  The water was up but not discolored, and I anticipated the Sulphur's would be making their daily return to Spring Creek.  With the water being up, I decided to go to a nice eddy that would hold a bunch of fish where they could feed heavily without fighting the faster moving water.  

The feeding lanes were being established and I switched to a Sulphur comparadun that I tied using a mixture of yellow/orange dubbing.  I picked up several beautiful Spring Creek trout and then I turned to my right and I glanced downstream to notice a few fish surface that looked like larger trout sipping dry flies.  I took a few steps downstream and casted to the first fish and it took the comparadun on the first cast and it popped off and sent the fly right back to me.  Yes, it was a humbling experience because it felt like a good fish and it left me wondering how big it would've been.  Then I saw this beautiful rainbow trout take another Sulphur.  I casted a few times downstream and shook my rod left and right to pull out some more line and get the fly to move as a realistic fly would on the surface of the water.  The fish took the fly and the rest of the story can be seen on the link to the GoPro video.  It put up quite a fight and I appreciated every second of the catch until it was released back to the water.  I hope you enjoy the video!  Tight lines!       


2 comments:

  1. IU was down fishing spring creek the end of may and it was amazing at the number of fish rising to those sulphers. my first trip to this little creek and it was a pleasure. Can't wait to go back

    ReplyDelete
  2. It continues to be a lot of fun although the stream will be a little higher then it was when you fished it! Regardless, the fish are still just as active as they were when you were there! I'm seeing more Light Cahills the last few trips out, but to me that means more meaty flies for the fish to feed on!

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete