We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

Mayan Cichlid

The morning was a bit overcast and windy so I decided to head back to the canals and see what I could catch on the end of my line.  The peacock bass weren't as abundant as we had been seeing in previous nights (possibly due to the amount of rainfall we've received the last two nights).

As I was leaving I spotted this large vegetation floating down the canal and didn't think much of it.  Then I checked it out again and I thought I recognized what looked like an alligators tail.  With further inspection I could see that it was about an 8 - 9 foot alligator floating down the canal looking for lunch!

Although there wasn't a lot of hook ups with fish, it was still a fun morning and afternoon slinging Clouser minnows!    

No comments:

Post a Comment