We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Destination Fly Fishing

"The sun was setting on a beautiful summer day in Alaska at 11:30 pm as we were finally taking our gear off from a long but fruitful day of fishing. It was almost midnight, we were still fishing, and more importantly, it was still light out. We shared the day with numerous animals: rainbow trout, brown bears, and bald eagles to name a few. When looking back on it I just can't think of a trip more beautiful, this will always be a cherished memory for me."

Destination fly fishing has been a part of my life since I became a professional in this industry. I have worked in Alaska, Chile, and yes Central Pennsylvania as a fly fishing guide. I have fished in those places as well as many others, with and without guides. Yet, there are so many places I still wish to see and experience. Fly fishing is growing into more of a destination experience, secret spots are becoming less secret and because of that word is getting out and anglers are seeking the next great adventure. Whether it's chasing that trophy trout in Alaska or breaking a rod on a tarpon in the keys, the challenge is there and there for the taking. I look forward to the opportunity to check off my next item on the list and conquer my next challenge. But, fly fishing is so much more than that because it is not easy. The challenge is what makes us want more. Getting your ass kicked by a brute of a rainbow as he wraps your line around a submerged tree branch and proceeds to throw up the middle fin on his way down the river is the exact reason why we head out the next day to try it again. The biggest fish always get away for the same reason, if we landed every fish what would we have to catch tomorrow? 

Over the next couple of days I'll share with you some of my experiences from destination fishing (that you haven't heard!). As well as some trips I hope to take and some information on where I would go if I was planning those trips. If you have any questions about any of these locations or would like to know more about fishing a destination trip just ask! If we don't know we will try our best to get you in contact with someone who does. 

And don't forget to vote on our poll! Any feedback helps!





No comments:

Post a Comment