We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Florida Keys Here I Come!

I booked my trip to Key Largo about a month ago and it has been consuming a lot of my attention the last few weeks!  I've been talking to Brian a lot about whats been going on down in Key Largo since he made the move down there.  He's had a lot of fun getting to know the water so I thought it seemed fitting that I would assist in this learning process.  Needless to say I leave State College, Pennsylvania on Tuesday morning and will be spending the next 9 days doing nothing but fly-fishing the flats of Key Largo.


Last year I visited Key West and hooked into a few jacks and a big shark but I'm looking forward to catching whatever will agree to ferociously attack any of my fly imitations!  I'm sure we will be spending a lot of nights reviewing GoPro footage and pictures that we take!


Here is another picture that one of my friends sent me from Key West.  His name is Nick Rohrbach and he works for a fishing charter boat that always gets into good fish!  He sent me this picture of a great fly-fishing guide and another picture from his boat of an estimated 1,300 pound fish!  Check them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment