We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

GoPro Spruce Creek



I finally got my GoPro camera and had a chance to use it this past Sunday.  This rainbow trout that I caught was the first video that I shot with the camera secured to the headlamp attachment.  The good thing is that I was happy about the first fish I hooked up with!  The not so good news is that I only had one battery at that time and it had died prior to hooking into the large rainbow that I landed later that afternoon.  Either way it is another fun way to document our fishing adventures.  I didn't work up enough courage to dunk it underwater yet but next time I get out (which is hopefully tomorrow), I will attempt to get some underwater footage.  Until then, let us know what you think of the first GoPro video!

To view the video full screen click here.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Which camera mount do you have? I have been thinking about getting one of those for mountain biking but never thought about fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I bought the Hero 2 Outdoor Edition and it comes with a head strap attachment. I was surprised with how sturdy the camera is mounted on to the head strap!

    ReplyDelete