We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sulpurs Still Going Strong!

So those of you who had the time to fish the Drakes on Penns, I'm very jealous, but I hope to get a chance to fish it this weekend!  For those of us who don't have enough time to get down to Penns, I made the trek to Spring Creek.  The water was moving significantly faster then the last few weeks but the fish were just as active!  

Most of my fishing was done in eddies, behind rocks and other seems where the slower water met the faster water.  One specific eddy I caught close to 10 fish all ranging from 12 - 15 inches.  It was fun to see multiple fish bumping into one another while chasing my parachute sulphur.  

Penns/Pine Creek is the place to be right now, but if you don't have time to get there, Spring Creek will do!

Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. thanks Kirk nice fish. I too have not made it to Penns but all good around here

    harryt

    ReplyDelete