We decided to write this blog as a way of sharing some of our stories from past experiences fishing, tying flies, guiding, and traveling. Most of which are completely 100% true except for the names of people, some stories are slightly embellished and some are mostly made up. It's really for you to figure it out and for us to have some fun writing down some of the truly good memories we have had while immersed in fly fishing.

Monday, May 28, 2012

"Treat" of the Week



This weeks "treat" comes through as one of the toughest clients I have ever had. It really wasn't because he was a bad fisherman or even a bad guy. This was one of the nicest guys I've ever guided and he caught a lot of fish too. 

The real problem I had to deal with was that this particular client had Alzheimer's. 

This made my job tough for a number of reasons. The obvious of course was that he couldn't remember me all the time or why I was there. He had trouble remembering where he was, or where he was going.  The toughest was that he couldn't remember how the fishing was that day. Since, he didn't remember what he caught he told all his friends every day that the fishing sucked even when he spent the entire day landing fish! I had to remind him, remember that fish through that run and show him a picture or two. This was day in day out for an entire week. I felt bad for the guy but it was unbelievably frustrating to have to convince him that he was having a great trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment